Friday, September 11, 2009

Technology

I have far too many email accounts. All told, over a dozen.
I am supposed to be getting ready for a long awaited week's camping trip to the Porkies in Upper Michigan. I should be stripping the vegetable garden and stripping the bed.

Instead, I spent over two hours with online support, trying to configure an auto reply for my email.
The problem: four accounts with comcast with variations on the same theme. Then there's the gmail and aol accounts.

Ah, vacation mode...
I project myself into tomorrow evening, dozing around the campfire, bear repellent jangling at my side. The only book packed is the bhagavad gita. No cell service, no internet; unplugged for an entire week. It's a little scary but I am up for the challenge.

This is an automated reply
I will be out of the office until September 18th
when I will respond to your email.

thanks, Barb

No comments: