Friday, October 15, 2010

Globe Trotter

This past Wednesday, Ione and I enjoyed an autumn drive through the perfectly picturesque St. Croix River Valley.  From home, we made our way to Woullet's Bakery in Edina for a box of yummies, then on to my daughter's new home in Woodbury.  Tony mapped us the scenic route from Afton(cute!) to Bayport to Stillwater to Marine on St. Croix.

On my hunt for vintage treasure I found a new globe to add to the collection.  It's a working electric lamp with a battery operated clock.  As much as I love love it, I really love the bright blue Cram's Enviro-Sphere.  Look for these to be for sale soon in the in the shop.





We spent much of our time at the Staples Mill Antique Store, located in the historic Isaac Staples Sawmill and home to 30 dealers...find it on 410 North Main Street.  There are three levels and lots of nooks and crannies to explore.  Although I didn't bring her home, I found a 1960's bride doll similar to one I received on Christmas many many years ago.  I also noticed a doll at the check out, who I discovered was an acquaintance from 25 years previous (we were softball wives/widows).
She is still lovely and personable...

No comments: