Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Herstory

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): "We Americans are the best informed
people on earth as to the events of the last 24 hours," wrote historian
Will Durant some decades ago. "We are the not the best informed as to
the events of the last sixty centuries," he concluded. Today this describes
many Westerners, not just Americans. We are adrift in the Age of the
Short Attention Span -- a time when the lessons of the past are becoming
lost or irrelevant. But in 2011, I'll be rooting for you to elude this curse,
Capricorn. It's crucial for you to be in close touch with both the lessons
provided by the grand sweep of human civilization and by your own
personal history.

That birthday is right around the corner and my horoscope, according to Rob Brezsny, challenges me to get informed. 
Navigating the information age can wear me out!
Perhaps there is more I need to learn beyond creating a Like Button for my Facebook page.
Today I am going to curl up with my cat and finish the biographical novel, Loving Frank.
The story deals with a turn of the century woman's excavation of self, after having fallen in love with Frank Lloyd Wright, surrounded by color and controversy: love vs duty.

No comments: